Khoa D. (Steven) Nguyen
Attorney Steven Nguyen has been licensed since 2008 and is an experienced immigration attorney who has routinely handled a high volume of cases at both corporate and individual levels. His practice includes all areas of employment based immigration and complex waiver issues. He has successfully processed immigrant visas for executives of Fortune 500 companies, academic professors, and workers in the oil & gas and IT industries. Many of Attorney Nguyen’s clients are returning or referred from persons who have worked directly with Attorney Nguyen, earning their confidence through careful preparation and attention to detail.
Mr. Nguyen completed undergraduate studies from the University of Texas in Austin and was awarded his J.D., cum laude, from Thurgood Marshall School of Law in Houston, TX. While as a law student, he was awarded the CALI award for highest possible grade in Immigration Clinic and served a judicial clerk for California’s Orange County Superior Court. His work in the immigration clinic has led to a published, precedent decision from the U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. From 2010 – 2013, Attorney Nguyen worked at a nationally-ranked immigration firm, serving as a managing attorney, before branching out with a strategic business partner to start his own practice.
Steven continues to be active in the legal community, helping community organizations and need-based individuals through volunteer work. He served a Director for the National Asian Pacific American Law Student Association and was a member of the Asian American Bar Association of Houston (AABA) and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
In over 12 years, Steven has successfully managed cases in removal, consular-processing, temporary visas and permanent residency to the United States. He has appeared numerous times in immigration court and interviews to assure clients are well-represented in their matters. Currently, attorney Steven Nguyen has devoted much time to helping foreign nationals develop high-dollar investments for the emerging EB-5 million dollar investment market.
To contact Mr. Khoa (Steven) Nguyen, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TSU, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, J.D. 2008, cum laude
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2004
- State Bar of Texas, November 2008
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (2008-Present)
PUBLISHED DECISIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Vasquez-Martinez v. Holder, 564 F.3d 712 (5th Cir. 2009) [Appellate Brief Co-Author]
- “Ethical Issues in the I-864 Affidavit of Support,” 2016 Immigration Law and ECI Journal Symposium – CLE, Spring 2016
Yue (Peggy) Ma
Attorney Yue (Peggy) Ma is a licensed attorney admitted to the state bar of New York and also authorized to practice law in mainland China. She obtained her LL.M degree from Emory University School of Law and her S.J.D degree, Summa Cum Laude, from Central European University (Austria/Hungary). She also worked as a visiting scholar at Cornell University School of Law. Prior to joining Law Office of Steven Nguyen, Yue worked in a start-up company in Texas as in-house counsel. With her multicultural background, Yue is committed to help individuals and companies in need of legal assistance in immigration matters. As an immigrant herself, she treats each case empathetically and prudently.
To contact Ms. Yue (Peggy) Ma, please email her at email@example.com.
- Central European University (Hungary), Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.), 2016
- Emory University, Master of Laws (LL.M.), 2011
- Shandong University (China), Bachelor’s in Law (LL.B.), 2009
- Certified Legal Publication Translator, 2018
- State Bar of New York, 2011
- National Bar of China, 2009
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Execution of ICSID Awards and Sovereign Immunity, Investment Arbitration and National Interest, Council on International Law and Policy, Indianapolis, 2018
- Dilemma of the Necessity Defense in the ICSID Arbitration, No. 117 Arbitration and Law, Law Press of China, 2010
- Translation: Julie A. Nice, Gender Justice and American Constitutional Law and Elizabeth M. Schneider, The Impact of Feminist Legal Theory on Criminal Law in the United States: Domestic Violence and Rape, in Feminist Jurisprudence: Trans-Pacific Dialogue between the United States and Asia, Press of Chinese Democratic Legal System, 2018
- PERM Labor Certification
- National Interest Waivers
- Extraordinary Ability Visas
- Religious Worker Program
- Intracompany Transferees & Investor Visas
Waivers and Border issues
- I-601 Waivers for Unlawful Presence, Criminal Grounds or Misrepresentation
- I-212 Waivers for Prior Removal
- I-192 and §212(d)(3) Nonimmigrant Visa Waivers (Canadian & Consular)
- Humanitarian Parole
- Emergency Visitor Visas
Family Immigration and Citizenship
- Acquisition & Derivation of Citizenship
- F-1 Student Reinstatement
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- NSEERS Registration Interviews
- Adjustment of Status for VAWA and §245(i)
Why Choose Us
Honest, Expert Lawyers
Whether you represent a corporation in need of working visas for employees, seeking relief in removal proceedings, or have a family member in need of a visa to the U.S., the Law Office of Steven Nguyen can help. We know and understand the immigration benefits that affect you, your family, or company may need and will handle your case in a prompt, professional manner. x
Modern Legal Care
Corporate immigration is a sensitive legal concern for any large, growing multinational business. Visas and permanent residence related to an international relocation can be smooth for you and your employees, keep projects on track, develop more business, and maintain legal compliance for your company. The stakes are high, yet you are reluctant to trust a large, impersonal law firm for the professional visa management you need.
Attorney Steven Nguyen has helped countless companies and individuals acquire and maintain their lawful status in the United States. Whether it’s moving a client from project-to-project or helping a new a graduate obtain working status, we will walk you through the process and provide all materials for our clients to promptly obtain their immigration goals. U.S. immigration & naturalization laws may seem challenging, but our experts are able to help individuals from all ages and backgrounds to live, work, and be reunited with loved ones in the Untied States.